Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My First Day of Work!

On Monday, I started working at Parsons Brinckerhoff! Just two days in, I'm beaming! I enjoy my co-workers, my environment, my responsibilities, and having the ability to walk there! Here are a few fun photos!

Here's a self-portrait on the way...I forgot to take my 'first day' photo in front of the door with my lunchbox! Ha.Ha.

This is a shot of Durdham Park Road, which is the road I take to the office...it's so nice not having to fight traffic. :)

Here's the building I work in! It's called the Queen Victoria House, which used to be a nunnery, I believe. The company conducts meetings and gatherings in the old chapel. Neat!

Here's the little company sign.

A view from our window! I work in a small room with 7 other engineers and scientists ranging in 2 years to 20 years experience. I LOVE this new work environment...where you can just shout a question across to your neighbor or tell a joke. I think the only hang-up is plowing through work if someone is on the phone....but it works well to plug your ears!

My computer hadn't arrived in time for my first day, so here I am working at a co-workers' desk (hopefully I can keep things tidy...I wouldn't want to lose anything in Jon's piles! Yikes! Ha.Ha.) Thanks for the fuzzy, pink sweater Sabrina!!

I was hoping to catch a shot of my co-workers...but they politely declined the opportunity today. Ela said she had a bit of a cold...maybe another time! It's interesting that in our little room, 3 out of the 7 are internationals! Michelle is from Quebec, Ela is from Poland, and there's me! Technically, Alasdair is originally from Scotland, which the English like to think as "foreign"...but we won't count him. Thanks for viewing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your self-portrait! And I'm glad you explained you were borrowing a desk. . . I was thinking that's quite a lot of mess for only two days on the job. =)

Anonymous said...

What I would have said 5 months ago is: "I'm so gelouse about your commute to work!" But I really can't say that right now ....... I work from home, my commute is even shorter!!!!
P.S.
I thought that sweater reminded me of someone else!