Monday, October 22, 2007

A Hike in Leigh Woods!

Last Sunday after church, AJ and I ventured away from the city by foot and found ourselves deep in the beautiful woods across the river from where we live. What a blessing it is to walk just a bit and find solitude and a bit of country! Here are a couple of photos of our venturing...

In order to reach Leigh Woods, we have to cross the tall & beautiful (and often scary!) suspension bridge!

Here's me at the beginning of our 4.5 hour "hike"!

I admit I get a bit "snap-happy" and thought I'd share a picture of AJ by the fields!

A pretty little farm outside the Timberland hiking trail.

Here's the trail leading into the park.

A view of the field.

AJ on the trail!

When we circled back near the Clifton Suspension Bridge, there was a random miniature train with jolly riders! It was hilarious! I had to wave...luckily for me they waved back. So fun!

There are multitudes of hot air balloons here...so I snapped a photo of a balloon against the setting sun.

A view of the River Avon on the way back across the bridge. We've noticed that the river is quite lifeless...we figured it's due to the fact that it ebbs and flows with the tide.

No comments: