Monday, October 27, 2008

12 Hours in Dublin!

It's been such a joy working for an international company! Although our project managers are often the ones called upon to travel (Maldives, South Africa, Dubai, Romania, Turkey, Libya...yes, even Libya!), sometimes we little engineers get to go places, too! In mid-September my company sent me to Dublin for a project meeting, which I so calmly agreed to (I WAS JUMPING FOR JOY!)...so off I went! Unfortunately the journey was just 12 hours long, but I made the most of it and crammed in as much sight-seeing as possible on foot. Below are just a few things I encountered on my journey.

I couldn't resist taking a photo with a lepruchan!

My co-worker Allison and I followed the music down the cobblestone streets to find this fun Irish band. I loved the classical Irish tunes!

I was amazed that Trinity College was within walking distance!

Here's a photo of the original door at the entry of the College.

After power walking the streets of Dublin, we returned to the Dublin airport to find over 100 screaming school children with banners and balloons. The Irish para-Olympic team was just returning home from Beijing! I tried blending in with the crowd & joined in on the cheering games, waiting in anticipation for a glimpse of some pretty neat celebrities...but unfortunately their plane was a bit delayed, so I had to settle for a jog to get to my gate on time!

No comments: