Friday, June 1, 2007

One Thing

Rich Mullins once sang, "Everybody says they just need one thing, but what they really mean is that they need just one thing more." A sad but true commentary on us humans. Please let me make known my humanity, then.

Among the gifts for graduation, I received a very nice gift card to Cabelas from our friends the Pedersens. Things like this don't happen every day, so I put much thought into the card's use. Even Andie had to tell me, finally, that she couldn't help me any further with a decision. Fair enough.

After much prayer and fasting, I've come to a decision. Only one thing passed the strict criteria applied to it: a fly tying vice. Yes, it's true. Considering the time and energy I spend tying flies, it only made sense.

With much joy and twitterpation, I give you the Danvice New-Classic! No name has been determined yet, but the suggestion box is now open.

Cheers

2 comments:

AJ and Andie Culp said...

Sorry folks, the direct link didn't produce the picture. You can view it, though, by clicking the little question mark box.

Josh said...

I like the name Josh. When you are tying your flies you can think of me and how I live in a concrete jungle in China where my dreams of trout fishing have been totally destroyed. What do you think?