Monday, April 16, 2007

Mr. Puffalump


As you might know, our little dog Shadow is an endless source of entertainment. Just this morning we had another incident. When I shower I leave my watch on the bed, along with my clothes for the day. But this morning there was no watch to be found. The clothes were there, but no watch. So I dressed and began to call out to Andie to see if she'd seen my watch. As usual, she ignored me assuming I'd find that Shadow had knocked it off or covered it with the covers when he went out for breakfast. But there was no watch. I called to Andie again. Then Andie told me I had better come out to see something. And there it was: there in Shadow's puffy hinter regions was my watch, velcroed to his fur as if it belonged there. So Andie gave Shadow a treat while I unvelcroed the watch. I called Shadow a thief, though Andie says it hardly seemed intentional. I'm not so sure.

No comments: